Thursday, September 13, 2007

Traders, Guns & Money

My favorite excert from my current favorite book

"Resentments between front and back office run deep. The back office is paid less and has old equipment, they resent having to fight for everything that the front office take as their due, they resent toiling unappreciated and without recognition. The fron office resents having to bear the cost of the minions in the back office who make no money but constant claims on what the traders make.

On a wet night in NY, I watched the double-parked limos outside the entrance of a bank. It was late, around 8pm; The traders and salespeople had called up limos on the firm's account to take them home. I watched the back office staff troop out into the rain to make their way to the subway a few blocks away knowing some of themw ould have a commute of an hr or more to get home. I observed the look on their faces as they watched their front office 'colleagues' get in the waiting cars"


It was raining yesterday -- I went home drenched & had a headache.

No comments: